Saturday, July 12, 2008

Painting

These last few days I have been painting away to all my littler hearts content.
Besides the magnificent color of safety yellow, slathering all the paint we can all over barricades, poles and hand rails, I had the most wonderful privilege of painting fire hydrant red. This color is one of the most vibrant red I have ever painted.
Though the thought has occured to me, even though I love to paint, painting the same colors reptitiously and having to be out in the heat of the day, with no shade except quite a bit away from where we are painting...I have found I am starting to not really like to paint.
I don't want this to happen because I love painting and want to keep up my artisic-nesss.

Work is daunting. I don't like going to work at that nasty smelly mill. 8) I don't know how my father has done it for these past many years. Everytime I walk up the stairs in to where the ball mills are the smell still almost knocks me off my feet. People keep telling me that you will get used to it...I don't think I ever will. Especially going near the float where they separate the gold from the other things that are in the process, that place has one horrific smell of its own. I can't seem to remove the smell of the mill from me and my hair. It is going to take some time before school to get it off me. I am throwing away the clothes or bagging them up to use next year.
I am never wearing them unless I am working at the mine again.
We are starting a new schedule at work, and I am really not looking forward to getting up earlier than I usually do, but if it means making money and getting another day off with the same hours, I guess I can suck it up and handle it.

No comments: