Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Poems

Snow
It’s never going to stop
from coming down hard at you
watching it plummet to the earth beneath us
soundlessly, covering the ground with a cold wet blanket
Standing in huddles, hands and faces frozen
it comes down harder, with a force to knock you off your feet
Falling faster, like its never going to end
being encircled with a cold embrace
coming upon you like predator on prey
trying to capture you in its cold hard grip
falling endlessly, never coming to an end...



I’m sitting here, wondering where I need to go next.
Coming upon fork after fork in the road, taking them by intuition.
Not knowing where they are going to take me.
Hoping I am making the right choices to lead me to my most final destination.
Always having a prayer in my heart,
so I can know I am doing the right, asking for reassurance,
And I continue to go on my Journey through life, making choices


The clouds flowing, going on into the eternities;
like the ocean, never ending.
Sitting, watching the clouds roll into different
shapes, making new blobs of fluff.
Creating new emotions.
It’s dark outside, bringing tears to my eyes
making me feel sad, for a moment
then able to realize how beautiful the land is after it rains.
Sitting alone, enjoying the scenery,
wanting to never return to the fast life
I was once apart of.

Running through life
Going down
memory lane;
(meeting acquaintances, reminiscing)
Stopping
Going again
Not noticing the details
(escaping into your imagination)


Beauty blazing in the sky
radiant colors spill forth into my eyes
painting many colors
calmness flows from head to toe
radiance slowly weakens by the seconds
enticing the onlooker to hold their gaze.
Never looking away;
the colors engraved into their memory
Beauty fades into darkness.
As if time stops for those few moments
gazing into the night turning sky.
The beauty disappears behind the horizon.
Left in dark and cold...


Pictures from past memories
hidden the minds eye;
Blocked to never remember painful times
Are played as a slide show
moving from one to the next, ever so fast
Never more than a few glimpses
Bringing the emotions back with them
as a tornado, stirs up dust
Forcing a wave of emotion through the body
unwanting, unseen
driving the seeing to become agitated to no end
unable to stop these pictures from displaying their image.
Seeking to find a happy image.
The once, raging sea is now calm. Producing new found memories
with emotions of that of elation,
joy, even fondness.

No comments: