Saturday, August 30, 2008

August 30. Crash And Burn

OUch!

Well today I finally got my last dirt bike ride in before I went up to school.
What a day and ride.
First, my Dad and I went to my Uncle's house to help him stain his deck, then we took him with us to go riding out in the boonies behind the hospital.
Man if there ever was a term for being dusted out worse than fog, that sure was what we had going. Most of the trails were horribly dusty, and rocky in some places.
Hahaha I haven't been riding for at least 3 months, and I wasn't used to this area very much.
SOOOOooooo I just got what I deserved I guess. I ended up on my LEFT side every freakin time I biffed it. I pretty much lost count at 8 times down. More than half, were when I was going down a hill. I almost rolled feet over head down this one where I really scratched up my arm. 8)
My father kept getting at me because I wasn't utilizing my clutch as much I should have.
WHat do you expect when he and my uncle took me on some really hard stuff? Ya i did finally learn and got a bit more comfortable, into my groove by the end.
I just had a few confidence issues on some hills UP and DOWN.
Man. We went through some pretty narly tree trails, and on this one time when we were coming back we had to make our own trails. I ended up going through a few trees I THOUGHT my dad went through, but he didn't; so this is where the tree attacked my arm and shoulder and helmet.
Pertty cool scratches. HA.
And a few bruises on my legs... I am glad that I didn't die though. I came close to it going up a few rocky steep, rutted hills...I thought I was going to die.

I'm still here. SOre, alive, and bruised.
Yet to live another day.

No comments: