Thursday, August 21, 2008

August 21. The battle for my heart

this circle is fiction.
yes, it stands with the greatest fear, that somehow communicating will end us all.
and as we hollow the purpose
it would seem life is simply about just moving on
instead of learning to love.

i've been thinking about just giving you right up
and forgetting your name
but you know there's more to this than that.

i swore i would never love,
not before white dresses and better luck
but here we are
my heart is wrung from you.
and as we center the focus we can see
your life is simply about
just getting over me and on with you

i know that this will all work out
but somehow your fear leaves you in doubt.
this is the place where all your past wont let you go.
your best friends believe me and that's alright
but i never loved them so how do i convince myself
you are worth letting go?

over the years i loved them but they never loved back;
and here we are
in this moment
and then she says that.
can you even hear the words my heart is telling you tonight?
why must the coldness in your heart speak through your eyes?

Joy in tomorrow.
The battle.

Yet another perfect description of my life as it is right now.

No comments: