Sunday, August 17, 2008

August 17. Opptimistic

Am I forgetting others and focusing on my needs only? I may sometimes but honestly I feel I care more for others than I do about myself sometimes. Okay, most of the time I forget to take care of my needs. I get so wrapped up in wanting to help and FIX others problems, to be in some form of control! MY mind gets so lost in trying to figure out how to help others I forget that I have my own I need to attend to as well. I think, and am pretty sure, that this is my my sharing of my problems has become so difficult for me and end up bottling it all up; hoping that if no one would notice, I would forget about them myself and somehow magically they would go away. But what is left unsaid, or unwritten, festers and continues to build until I Break Down. This happened more than a few times at school this last semester and I realized that I DO have people I can talk to. That was when I started seeking to not let the storm become uncontrollable. I am getting better. I have finally found a balance.

ANYWHO

I feel like I am one of those people
God has molded in His hands
to be His instrument
and do His work.

I have met sooooo many people
and have either only known them for
a few seconds,
minutes,
months,
etc.
and have no clue why I met them.

I know though, that there was a purpose and is a purpose to EVERYTHING in this life.

I have the gift of unconditional love.

I think that this is why I have met and helped so many people for a season,
because my God, my Savior, had a reason for it.
Looking back through my short 20 years of life,
I can see all the lives I've touched and have been touching.
I can see it now.
I was ALWAYS told I had this special spirit and light about me,
that my testimony is soooo strong.
I have finally see what they see in ME!
I am becoming who I am and was foreordained to become;
With bumps and bruises along the road.
I am making it,
And I am seeking,
reaching out to those who I see need my love and help.


I have seen this love, work, and help with a friend of mine.
He was such a good kid, still was through high school,
he just made some choices he shouldn't have,
but I kept after him;
Letting him know that I loved him as a friend and heavenly brother,
and cared about him.
I didn't want to lose him.
And with all that persistence and maybe from others as well,
he is now going on a mission!
You have no IDEA how happy and proud of him that made me.
I was so full of JOY!
I think that that was how Heavenly Father feels when we,
His children, take a step closer to Him.
I can feel it, through His love.
It's all around us.


EVERYTHING in existence and around us
was given to us because He loves us so much.
We will be forever in and Eternally in Debt to Him,
For all that He's done, does, and will do.
Seek to always be the slow one who hangs behind to
Encourage
Carry
Love
Listen
and Uplift
Those who cannot on their own.
Do as Christ would do.

No comments: