Friday, September 19, 2008

September 19. Exhilaration


So School is going most wonderfully as it could ever.
I have the usual homework load, which is completely fine with me, except a bit of it is minuscule.
I absolutely love both my Physical Geology and my Astronomy classes. I have learned so much in them already. I LOVE IT!!! It feels so good to be back in the learning mode. I sure have missed all of this. Being on campus, in a place that is so cute and quaint, being in classes that start with prayers EVERY beginning of a class. This is all so amazing! I feel so blessed to be one of the ones to come here and earn my education.
So my dance class, which is just a social dance class, we have learned quite a few moves for the Fox Trot, and some single time swing moves. It is so much fun! We have to switch partners after practicing our moves for a few minutes, then we move on continually to dance with different people. I have found a few guys that I dance well with, where we both compliment each other.
OH but yesterday towards the end of my class, I was dancing with this guy that was just about a foot taller than me, and we were trying to figure out the new swing move that our teacher showed us, and he didn't get his hands in the right position, so when I came over to face him after a belly roll, his left arm came down and he elbowed me in the upper lip. Sad.
I could feel it swelling right soon after he did it. 8( I tried my best to not make a big deal about it so he wouldn't feel worse than he already did. But thankfully it happened with only 8 minutes of class left. Fortunately it was my last class...So I came home and put ice on it right away.
By the time I went down the street half a block to Stetson Carroll's house to make dinner for our dinner group, it had gone down a little. But by the end of our dinner group, it was pretty much gone. I was so happy!

Then last night for my astronomy class we have 5 projects that he wants for us to do, and two of mine require using the telescope on top of the Romney Building, where our class is held. I've never actually looked through a telescope that big!!! It was so.....so....Profound! It was so exhilarating! Ah man, It was like seeing for the first time! and it was, I have never really gotten to look at Jupiter that close to see its moons, I have only seen pictures. THIS was forever a MILLION times better than a photograph...It is so amazing! I want a telescope. I will have one when I am able to afford a good one. I love this class. I am soooooooo SOOOO glad that I got a chance to take this class.

But now I am off to go and attend to those things that need attending to. Such as homework, tests, and socializing....all that jazz. PEACE!

No comments: