Thursday, October 28, 2010

First you glaze, then you do it some more...

This is the last little bit of touches that I did to this painting; added some more blue, more purples and blues to the snow, made the water shape bigger, and fixed under the tree line to break up the shapes a little more to help the eye travel more easy.


This is the start of a few glazes on top of three flat washes of Quin rose, Cobalt blue, and Azo yellow. Then I just started adding more blues, yellows, reds and purples, all mixed with the three primary colors. I tried to dabble in the skill of cloudage making, but it didn't work out too much until I added more blue behind where the clouds were, and that made it pop!
This is after some more glazes, and then I dabbled in attempting to make the clouds look like clouds. I started this piece very timidly, I didn't want to mess it up and I was scared it would not turn out the way that I wanted to. EEEK! Then I actually sucked it up and attempted the clouds which is this next picture beneath.
Here at this point, going through my mind, I was like, oh great the clouds suck! I don't like them, they don't even appear to look like clouds, what am I doing?! BUT I stepped away from the painting, got something to eat, stretched my legs.. then came back and attacked it with full heart, and after some removing the paint, and utilizing the magic eraser, and lifting technique... I accomplished what I was looking for. I still see some things that could be added, like making the water look more like water by adding some color variation and hue variation but that can come later. For now, this picture below, is my final product. And I like it a lot. :)

I am very proud of myself. :)
beauty! minus the lays chips underneath...hehehehe Hey, I got hungry. Great no?

No comments: