Friday, October 31, 2008

October 31. Recent Development

I really am starting to kick myself in the pants.
For the past many weeks, since I have been up here at school, and especially since my birthday on the 20 of This month, I have been having this thought that I need to call my grandparents.
Did I call them the moment I had that thought???
Heavens no. I had so much going on, and with school, my teaching calling, and other things in my life, I just thought I couldn't find the time to call them for at least a few minutes. Most of the time I would set a time to call them, but when that time came around I would forget, and it would be too late to call them when I remembered.

With recent development, I found out two days ago, that my grandmother, who is my dad's step-mother, went to the doctors the other day because she had jaundice, and this pain in her abdomen . . .
Come to find out, she has a mass between her liver and pancreas. She went to Huntsman's today for an appointment to see how big the mass was, what it contained, and how big the area it was that it is in. I don't really remember all of the details of what is going on, but my grandfather (my dad's dad, has diabetes and on set Alzheimer's) can't be left alone for this reason, so my dad's little sister has been taking care of them. My aunt's husband's mother, the one that is taking care of my grandpa, is a nurse and was telling my aunt that cancer of the pancreas is a very serious thing and surgery. My grandma will have to go through chemotherapy after her surgery....

So my mother and I were just talking today about how my Grandpa is taking this. He seems to be doing so well with everything that is going on, that it almost seems weird. For having his first wife die of breast cancer, and now his second having Pancreatic cancer you think that he would be doing worse, I know I wouldn't be handling this situation as well as he is right now. But, I guess you can say that he is a lot stronger than I am, considering he has lived almost 85 years, and I only 20; he definitely has some experience with life on me.

But you know, Right now I don't really want to think of the possibilities of the things that might happen. I have not been to see my grandparents for almost a year and a half now, and. . . it saddens me that I have not had the opportunity to do so, especially now considering the situation.
If you are reading this, I know that my family will be praying and fasting for the Lord's will to be done, could you also keep my family in your prayers.... It would be much appreciated...

Loves.

No comments: